Sunday, January 01, 2006

Whoa..it's 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!
I totally stole this from Mikey but hey...i haven't posted in a while and I wanted to give y'all something to read when you get bored...a little sum up if you will.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Found a job IN my field that i truly enjoy and can actually financially support me. Craziness

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I made a resolution not to make a resolution....so yes i kept it!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? One of my god children Gianna, in my extended family...baby Julia, Angel and Lisa are preggers does that count?

4. Did anyone close to you die?Not this year...and thats the way i want to keep it

5. What countries did you visit?Delaware totally counts!! It's a whole different country in itself. I mean really who wants to visit DE. No one. I did spend some time west of the border in Canada but it doesn't count anymore it has been so frequently visited.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?A neice or nephew :), a cleaning lady, a bigger closet and shoe holder, someone to pay my bills, a tiny bit more money, and last but not least a dog :)

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?JUly 9th, Lisa and Mikey got hitched; Aug 5th, the Pavlovi duo got hitched; Aug 30th, I done went and moved to Delaware

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Making smart choices, and being able to go into target and wegmans again!!!

9. What was your biggest failure?I took off my shoes during Lisa's wedding...but just for one SONG!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?yes and yes...let's hope 2006 is healthier and happier

11. What was the best thing you bought?MY CAR!!!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?Those who urged me to take this job as much as they wanted to say DON'T GO STAY WITH ME!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?They shall remain nameless :)

14. Where did most of your money go?Moving to Delaware...and shoes

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?Coming home to see friends and family who i miss more than life

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Kevin Little "Turn me on" LOVE IT

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Happierb) thinner or fatter? A bit thinner.c) richer or poorer? Richer, and that makes no sense

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Saving $

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Spending $

20. How will you be spending Christmas?I did the Christmas thing in b-lo with those who mean MOST to me. Even though i had to wait until 7PM to open my gifts on x-mas :)

21. How will you be spending New Years? working and sleeping...with a little eating shoved in somewhere

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?Negative

23. How many one-night stands? c'mon now!!! My mom is going to read this!!

24. What was your favorite TV program? extreme home makeover, friends, will and grace, CSI Miami, who's wedding is it anyway

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?i don't think so....don't hate congratulate

26. What was the best book you read?I've really picked up my reading habits this year. Instead of books i'm going to go with authors, dean kootz, nora roberts, Gregory Maguire, and ofcourse dan brown.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?last 5 years, tick tick boom,jack johnson, i could go on and on...music is the BEST!

28. What did you want and get?A good fun job

29. What did you want and not get?A good fun job in b-lo

30. What was your favorite film of this year? rent...not cause it was the best but i anticipated it the most and it payed off

31. What did you do on your birthday?worked at my fairly new job and no one really knew it was my birthday, BUT my roomate made me pumpkin pancakes and apple crisp!!!! one cannot ask for a better birthday feast

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?Not sure 2005 was a pretty good one

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? HOT!

34. What kept you sane?support of friends and family fo sho!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?ryan reynolds is pretty high up there right now

36. What political issue stirred you the most?I'm in a good mood i don't wanna talk about poitics

37. Who did you miss?Those in and around b-lo...and my ACCC peeps!

38. Who was the best new person you met?DE people for sure, but also a choice few back in the b-lo area :)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: I didn't necassarily learn this but my mind was refreshed. Bird poop smells!

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:"Some days you gotta dance, Live it up when you get the chance, Cause when the world doesn’t make no sense, And you’re feeling just a little too tense, Gotta loosen up those chains and dance"

4 brilliant thoughts by others:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie...Happy New Year! It's Karen's sister, Patty. I found your blog through Mikey's. Hope all is well...Come visit me at http://justanycgirl.blogspot.com
I love all your pictures.

Peter said...

"4. Did anyone close to you die?Not this year...and thats the way i want to keep it "

Katie, I promise, for the rest of your life, no one close to you will have died in 2005.

Anonymous said...

41. Did you make any promises via IM that you did not keep?

42. Define soon in the context of 'See ya soon'

Anonymous said...

#8 was definitly a big one. congrats. and #23...I closed my eyes!