Monday, March 20, 2006

See you next year old friend :(

Happy belated St. Patty's Day everyone. I unfortunatly was a sickly girl for this wonderful holiday and could not participate in the wonderous festivities. Thankfully one of the most important things about this holiday actually lasts a good week after the day. Thats right kids the Shamrock Shake from McDonalds.



Lisa and I have an unusual love for this shake and the excitment is a little intense when this time of year comes around. I did get one on friday but due to the condition of my sinus cavity my taste buds were out of service. It was VERY disappointing. So i crossed my fingers and swung by McD's on my morning errand run today. I rolled up to the drive thru and asked ever so sweetly if the shamrock shake was still available, and she said let me check. Now this is NEVER a good sign. So i sit and wait biting my fingernails in anticipation. (Lisa, I know you know this feeling) She returns and says yes we still have them. YESSSSSS!!!!! There is a god! I endulged in a medium, since my first run in with this shake didn't count, and tore into it as soon as i could get my car out of the way of the drivethru. So there you have it. It's the little things in life that can truly make me happy. I hope you all had a great and drunken St. Patty's day and i will see you all this weekend!!!!!!!

Oh ps.....i did a little research on the shamrock shake and it's originator. It's very interesting...Enjoy! :)

1 brilliant thoughts by others:

lisa said...

oh, how i do love the shamrock shake. i was running late for work yesterday, but something led me to mcdonalds anyway... that shake was TOTALLY worth being late for. the patients weren't going anywhere.