Monday, April 03, 2006

Did it move?!


When i was home last i asked lisa to make sure her baby belly was a-showin. I was pleasently surprised that she in in-deed was finally showing. And by finally, i mean i demanded that lisa be showing about a week after she announced she was pregnant. I guess it doesn't really work that way. But anywho, Lisa did me proud and had plenty of shamrock shakes and fatty fat stuff to prepare for my arrival.

Lisa was the lucky winner and got to pick me up from the airport when i got into town. We went back to her house and i endulged in some well-needed mac and cheese and some well-missed DVR. I took a DVR break and was checkin my e-mail in their office while Lisa was still DVRing in the Living Room. I heard her quietly proclaim...(in her little lisa voice) "Kaaatie the baby is moving" I gingerly jumped out of my chair and dove at her belly.

I missed it but i wasn't going to miss the next one. I spent the next few minutes with my hand on my sisters lower abdomen (in any other situation, very odd family bonding). The baby was doing a whole lotta nothin. Lisa poked at it a bit, despite my thinking that wasn't something you should do to your unborn child. I manned my post for a little bit longer and i was not disappointed!!!! It moved!!! I think it might have done a little step ball change with some added flare. It was amazing and freaky deaky all at the same time. I'm not sure how i will deal with a step ball changin thing in my belly when the time comes. But i will be all about the shamrock shakes, thats for sure!!! It made me so happy and i'm so glad i got to experience that. I'm not going to be around as much as i would like for Lisa's first baby experience but she's doing a good job of keeping me in the loop. I can't wait to meet this baby. PS...i think it's a girl. I'm just gonna put that out there.


Lisa tried to share the wealth with Annie, Lou and Michele but Baby G wasn't feeling the vibe. It must have known i had limited time to see it's solo performance. Someone please explain to Michele that the baby is not in Lisa's shoulder. :)

4 brilliant thoughts by others:

lisa said...

you made me get a little teary! baby g. is doing a little riverdance right now in your honor.

Esther said...

SO JEALOUS! I got to see the belly wealth this weekend and I swear, KT, Lisa really did pop just for you. She was hiding it well before you got home. But I have yet to feel that peanut's tap dancing!

Anonymous said...

Katie, I will have you know it is an old wives tale to listen at the mothers left shoulder for the baby to reveal its gender. I was simply trying to hear what little Garvey had to say. Did I hear anything? YES! Am I telling? No.



He made me promise.

Anonymous said...

can't......see....to....type.........sniff