Tuesday, May 09, 2006

1 ticket for the uh..em..uh "Town" show :)


I had a whirlwind of a weekend this week. I traveled to my homeland of Buffalo, NY for a few very specific reasons. I had a wedding shower to attend and I had a pregnant sister that i NEEDED to see. I barely had enough time to fit in meals and showers but i did find time to attend Musicalfare's latest production. This wonderful little show is titled Urinetown. Yes you read correctly...the word "urine" is in the title.

I didn't know much about the show. I was familiar with the soundtrack but that didn't give me the whole picture. The premis is about a town with a diminishing water table and everyone has to pay to pee. Yep pee. Now for those of you who know me this show it RIGHT up my ally of comedy. Something I didn't realize about this show is that it is also a parody about musicals. Which in my opinion is brilliant.

Anywho, i'm not going to give away the ending or anything but it was hilarious. Now, I am slightly biased because i knew 98% of the cast. Even if i didn't know these folks it would have been just as enjoyable. But I do have to say it was a little added bonus that my close friends were on the stage making me laugh my face off. I was a proper audience member and used my big girl laugh and made sure my presence was known. I was slightly upstaged by my mother, who you should know has a volume control issue. But it's all good, she was politely named the "other" laugher in the audience by the cast. Very funny!

Kudos to the entire cast and crew. Between the set, music, acting, singing, lighting etc etc, i was thoroughly entertained and couldn't ask for anything more in a show. Thanks for a wonderful show guys and enjoy your last week of production.

Sorry kids this weekend is the closing weekend, and i suggest calling in for tickets immediatly cause i think they already are 99% sold out. But don't be discouraged...call anyway!

Some photos of the show i stole from the musicalfare webpage...ENJOY!!


Lisa scolding poor Doug...a sweet old man who just has to pee!!!


Bethany "listening" to Chris' heart


Tom looks like he's going to kiss Chris


Michele "my bell" looking like she's about to sneeze


Doug you scared me during the show...you play a good bad ass!


Who doesn't love a good shot of marc's butt.....MARCO!?!?!


Mean snapping...love it


A very touching moment at the end where Michele is like Whoopi Godlberg in "Ghost" and speaks Chris' last words to everyone....brillliant!

1 brilliant thoughts by others:

Anonymous said...

gonna try this again......tried to leave a comment 3 days ago. i admit to having a problem with socially acceptable theater behavior. HOWEVER, this was totally out of my control. awesome cast, hilarious premise, great show. i did turn to the wall as much as possible. even stuffed my tissue in my mouth. absolutely loved this show.