Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm full of excuses....

I'm sorry i suck at blogging lately. I would LOVE to blame it on the fact that i have been moving and there is mass chaos. But let's be honost...i got DVR this week. The novelty has not yet worn off, but i promise to keep up on my blogging. :)

I've been meaning to post these pics for a while but forgot they were on my camera.

So Sarah has introduced me to the DE baseball scene. It is a single A league. For all you ruff-buff folks...the Bisons are triple A. Just a little perspective.

AAAAnywho, we have been loyal fans over the summer to the Wilmington Blue Rocks. Yep the Blue Rocks. It must have been very slow day in the team naming department that day. They then had to face the fact that this team needs a mascot......yep a mascot....apparently the obvious was the best they could do....


Funny huh?

Yep....a blue rock

Ps...if i were a child this would be the WORST mascot EVER.

Oh wait..it gets better, i think they realized they dropped the ball with the rock blob. So back to the drawing board....ok how about MR. CELERY!!!!! I-kid-you-not...Mr. Celery appears everytime the home team gets a run. He comes flying out of the dugout and runs around for about 30 seconds. It's surprisingly entertaining. Why you ask? Because it's a guy running around dressed up like a stalk of CELERY!!! Those marketing execs are brilliant, because as an adult...these are the best mascots EVER!!!

4 brilliant thoughts by others:

Scott said...

He looks like an asphyxiated Pac-Man.

. said...

Where's the huge Bloody Mary???

Anonymous said...

THAT IS DAMN BRILLIANT! THE COMMENTARY ESPECIALLY - I AM PICTURING ANDREW AS THAT STALKING CELERY OR PERHAPS AN ANGRY ASPARAGUS!

Esther said...

I'm picturing Wayne's World and the green screen skit where he goes to Delaware. The state simply had to live up to expectation with such exciting mascots.