Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Merry Hump day!

It's BABY SEASON!!!!!!!! No, not this kind of baby. But baby birds!!!!!!
Some baby birds are not as cute as i would like them to be.
For example:

But then they make up for it with this kind:

A friend sent me this link recently that listed a whole lotta webcams....no worries not the dirty kind. The kind that watch nests. The especially cool ones are those that are a live streaming feed. I have a hard time staying interested in the ones that reload and refresh every 37 seconds. You can miss a whole heck of a lot in 37 seconds!!!!

Sooo if you happen to be having a slow day at work or if a certain something or someone has you awake at 2:34 in the morning check these out. They are fun. Let me just point out my personal favorite. It may or may not be up on my computer at work at all times when i need a small little baby fix. These are barn owls. SO COOL!!!! It's a mama and her 4 chicks. There is a bunch of previous footage below the camera too. I can't stand it they are so funny!

Other random news of the day....I have a headache that could kill a horse. Why you ask? Because in my delirium this morning when i was getting ready for work i knocked over a full...FULL bottle of purfume and it shattered on the floor. The good thing...no one was injured in this tragic event. The bad thing...I smell as if this is how i applied my smell of choice this morning.


Awsome.

OH AND.......Not many of you have seen my backyard but it's really great. Good sunage, great deck, and killer privacy. Ask me why i haven't been able to use it, or why i will not get to take advantage of it this summer? Go on....ASK!

Because i have these..... A bajillion of these!


These insects are so graciously called carpenter bees. Luckily the males donot have stingers and will not harm you....per say. But they swarm and they fight eachother and knock into my windows. They have made a feast of my backyard deck and awning. They actually dig holes in the wood where they ley their eggs. Bees that can dig holes in wood?! What is that nonsense?

I bet they are an incredibly interesting species and i have much to learn from them, but i want to use my backyard! Since they do not have stingers their way of fighting off preditors or other male bees is flying at them full force and running into them! I walk out my back door and i instantly have the eyes of 50+ wood bees on me, wondering if i am going to invade their nests. I WON'T...I just want to read my book in the sun and get a tan!!!!! I promise i won't even LOOK at the 5 million holes you have put in my deck. I PROMISE! So needless to say I'm not a huge fan of the bees at this point in time.

On a funnier note....Here are some CLASSIC shots from our trip to Florida...

Lisa and i look awsome.....and apparently i'm 6 mo pregnant. Great pic mom!

This is that night...i apprarently had the baby that afternnoon and was back to normal by 8pm. Mom and I decided to pretend we made this beautiful sandcastle and claim it as our own.

I was just trying to get some better pics of the pelicans. I decided to kneel and get better perspective....mom caught me on the way down....awsome!

Apparently MP was feeling punchy at dinner one night and instead of taking an adorable picture of Maeve with her papa....she took a picture of the inside of my freakishly large nostril.

Merry Hump Day!!!!!

2 brilliant thoughts by others:

lisa said...

i can't even THINK about the sand castle picture without laughing.

Esther said...

oh KT you make me laugh. I was going to comment about how my picture was not meant to be viewed that big, but seeing the ones you put up from your vaca made me forget all about it. Miss you!