Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Merry Hump Day!

How's that picture for an opener!? Apparently our new trick is "Soooo Big". I can't WAIT to see it! It's killing me. Anywho, Happy Wednesday. I know Maeve looks a little special in that pic but i adore it. And look at her hands. I think she is going to be a dancer...she already has good form!!!!! We might need to work on her stage facial expressions though. :)

Sooooo it is official. Mama, I'm comin home. It has been an INCREDIBLY hard decision, but my heart is and will always be in b-lo. I am going to be going back to school and getting my masters and teaching certification. We all know how i despise school but you gotta do what you gotta do. I think it is the best decision for me and it will provide me with a stable supportive job that has tons of options and flexibility. I will NOT be giving up on my wildlife passion but i think i need to face reality and realize i personally cannot make a stable career out of it. This makes me very sad, but it does not mean i have to give it up. It just means I need to explore other options. :)

Something else i need to do that make me so happy that has been missing for so long...Performing. I miss the crap out of it. I know it's bad when i go to see shows and i can barely sit in my seat i'm so excited and jealous of those onstage. I literally work myself into a full on tizzy trying to regain my compusure and attempt to look like any other regular theater goer. Needless to say i'm excited to get back and to get working to get my 'perform' on.

I have a crazy couple of weeks coming up that are going to fly by. I am going to a wildlife conference in CA next week. It will be my first time on the west coast, for an amazing conference. I can't wait!! Then i will be traveling home for a bit for 2 weddings of 2 very close friends of mine. I will be flying back here for a second in a half and then it's game time. My oh so generous and pregnant sister and her husband have graciously offered to come down and move me home. I can't tell you how much this means to me. Lisa has never seen what I do and what I am passionate about. I can't wait to show off the fun things I do and hopefully pass off why this is such an incredibly hard thing to leave.

Thank you everyone for your support. This is going to be a tough transition for me and it is happening very fast so please bare with me. Don't get me wrong i can't wait to come home...I don't why i have been fighting the inevitable for so long. :)

Ok i want to leave on a funny note. We all know my affinity for funny t-shirts. I will never be too old to stop loving them. My favorite t-shirt website threadless tee's has just come out with a new shirt. It's called Gay Pride...and by god it's the most fabulous t-shirt ever!!! I'm not sure if you know the amount of gay men in my life right now...but i might buy every single one of them this shirt, cause it's that brilliant!!!

OK Merry Hump Day!!! Have a good one!


7 brilliant thoughts by others:

MBM said...

Katie!! I'm so excited for you. I've wanted to ask, but thought that I should wait until you broke the news. Yay for B-lo! Where in CA is the conference? If it is anywhere near me I will come see you if that's at all possible.
Hugs!
Meliss;)

Annie said...

Kate- Thats such exciting news... If you need a place to stay- you know you can always stay with us!!!
Miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that picture of Maeve! and i'm super excited you're coming home!! yay!!

Anonymous said...

Whew! So glad the cat's out of the bag. Now I can blog about it..............except I don't have a blog.

Anonymous said...

well since everyone else is telling you how excited they are about you going back to buffalo . . . i thought i should put my 2 cents in . . . i am super sad about it all!! . . . it's not nearly going to be so funny around here anymore . . . my name is teacher katie . . . seriously?! serious?

Esther said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every single person is B-lo is screaming with joy right now!!! Most of your blog reading public knows how tough these choices are KT, and we know how good it is when you're surrounded by fam when you're making them. So get yourself home and on the stage sista!!!

Anonymous said...

Tears are dropping on my desk, my nose is running, I'm soooooo happy!