Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend roundup


I had a really good weekend. It all started on friday when after work we had, what i have learned from veteren Delawarians, as a "porch night". This event consists of food, beer and friends. Really, does it get any better than that? Yeah, not really. It was a sweltering 95 degrees, so along with beer and burgers i thought it was appropriate to make frozen margharitas. I have attmepted this job before and it has turned out all right but this batch was some good ass sh*t. Good enough to make Mary Pat proud. It was great, as night fell the summer thunder rolled in and we had a great light show among the stickinees that was now 90 degrees. Over all, the night went off without a hitch and once it was dark enough where we couldn't see each other anymore or the mutant mosquitos that were eating us alive we called it a night. Did i mention there is a sh*t load of fireflies here in Delaware. We don't have those in the city of ruff-buff and i wish we did cause they are soooooo neat! So that was friday.


Saturday was a sleep in until you ABSOLUTLY have to get out of bed because you are going to wet your pants morning. It was a day full of catch up television, downloading whatever fun music and movies i can get my hands on...oh and taking naps (very important). I decided at about 7ish to get off my butt and go to the grocery store. Here is what was in my refridgerator that led me to this task: Jelly, cheese, and old cantelope. I couldn't even pretend to make a meal out of that, and I'm usually good at improvising. Why the long story about the trip to the grocery store you ask? Well....when i returned home with empty pockets and a soon to be full refridgerator, i noticed something was funny. As I unpacked, i came upon a bag of stuff that i destinctly rememeber NOT purchasing. I checked my receipt and double checked it...sure enough i didn't pay for these items. Here, ensues the moral dilema. As my sister put it..."well it was paid for...just not by you...so it's not stolen food". True, true Lisa. But lets just say the contents of this bag will make me very popular at our next cookout. Popular enough to feed 20 of my closest friends the main part of their meal. After consulting with my moral advisors and considering consequesnces I decided to do nothing. I tucked this food that the Grocery God has granted me away in a safe place, and will use it to feed others at social gatherings. I do not have much remorse over this decision, i will not be greedy and consume it for sole purpose only. I know my mother is getting ready to post a comment on how i should be attending confession right now, but we will see. Maybe this surplus of food was sent to me for a good reason. For example....what if there is a natual disaster and I am trapped in my house with someone who is severely anemic?! And i mean severely! Wanna know what...i might just be able to save this persons' life with the rations that i was given this weekend as a grocery miracle. And lets' say this was not meant to be a grocery miracle but a test of honosty....well i won't be surprised when i return from the grocery store in the future and I have nothing in my bags but carrots and circus peanuts. I will then understand that i failed the test. So that was saturday.


Okey Dokey...Sunday i got to go see the 3rd pirates of the carribbean movie. It was quacktastic. It was a little on the long side but looking back i would not have cut out a thing...it was all necessary and enjoyable storyline and footage. I made sure we went to a matinee so that i could make it home in plenty of time to see the Tony's. Even though i was only familiar with a few of the shows up for awards, it is ALWAYS an entertaining event. There were some incredible performances and well deserved awards presented throughout the evening. Unfortunatly that is not what will be the majority of my sunday post. After the awards the local news immediatly aired. What was the lead story...the LEAD story? It was about a local pizza shop owner who was in the finale of the Sopranos for .76 seconds!!! THAT WAS THE LEAD STORY. They spent a good 10 minutes on this. RIDICULOUS. Wanna know what the second and 3rd stories were? The second story was about a 2 yr old who was in his stroller on a walk with his grama and a car lost control and killed him. The 3rd story....The shooting in Wisconsin that killed 6 people and left a baby injured with a gsw to the chest. Yes prettybird readers...that was the local news. Thank god the late breaking information on the .76 seconds that the local pizza shop owner got on the Sopranos was aired...i was nervous it might be overshadowed by the other non-important things that are going on in the world right now.


Ok done and done...overall a great weekend. I'm really going to miss it here. Where am i going you may ask? Stay tuned...i'll get to that post in a few days. :)


0 brilliant thoughts by others: