Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Dela-Where?



ok kids....i have a super duper fun weekend coming up and i thought i would share a little bit about it with you all. I am traveling back to Delaware to visit some friends that i miss the CRAP out of!!! It's looking like it's going to be a weekend of crazy fun and catching up. I truly can't wait i will be sure to blog when i return of all of our adventures. I say "our" becuase the oh so brave Dan has agreed to accompany me. He is such a good boyfriend....lets hope this weekend doesn't send him over the edge when he realizes how truly crazy i really am. :) We will be in good 'ole DE for 4 days. Let's hope the DE ladies let me return to b-lo at the end of this weekend. As I was checking in online with the bestest airline ever (southwest) I got an e-mail from Sarah (my TSBRR bird nerd partner in crime) She has taken on the role of cruise director and i think she has discovered a new skill she should market.


The e-mail was as follows:



Dear Ms. Battaglia & Mr. Pogorzelski:

First of all my deepest apologies to Mr. Pogorzelski for my short comings in not knowing the proper email address to send this urgent message. It is my hope that Ms. Battaglia relay the attached itinerary to Mr. Pogorzelski for his review as well.

Attached is the proposed tentative itinerary for your trip to the state of “small wonders” and tax free shopping (i.e. Delaware). Please review the agenda and provide me, your humble trip coordinator, with any additions, or correction and I will see if I can rearrange your schedule to meet your needs. I have taken great strides in creating the perfect trip that optimizes your time with friends and booze (the two things I have been instructed to make sure of by my authorities).

I am also including some Delaware state facts so that you can feel at home with the locals:
State Bird: Blue Hen chicken
State Fish: Weakfish
State Marine Animal: Horseshoe crab
State Beverage: Milk is what the officials say but the real locals know it’s Miller/Bud Lite (big cans!)
State Colors: Colonial blue and buff

If there is any further information I can provide to make the transition from Buffalo, NY to Newark, DE please let me know. Ms. Battaglia, also please let me know what I can do for your newest addition and my many congratulations on curing your baby disease with a healthy half Asian bundle of joy!

Humbly yours,
Sarah (Delawarean trip coordinator)




Ok soooooo brilliant in itself don't you think?!?!?! Well thats not all....this was the attachment in the e-mail......

our "Itinerary:":



Katie & Dan's Fabulous Delawarean Extravaganza

Jan 3 - 6 Jan 2008
Newark, DE (mostly)

Meeting called by: Sarah
Type of meeting: All work and no play
Facilitator:Spider pig
Note taker:Meri or sober people

Attendees:
Anyone willing to drink a little, laugh somewhat and create special memories


Please read:
Wine and beer lists . . .
preview the DP menu

Please bring:
Lots of presents for Sarah

----- Agenda Topics -----

Thursday
· Arrival: Plane lands BWI at 1505
· Travel time to hotel & Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research, Inc. (TSBRR)
· Scream and yell and hug in joy and excitement (limited to 5 minutes each)
· 2000 (or earlier but no later then 2100) arrive at Deer Park Tavern (DP)
o Enjoy dinner, drinks and dancing (Kristen & The Noise)
o Demo by Scuba Steve & Dan on proper “Russian” techinques


Friday
· Arrive at TSBRR for full tour & meet and greet with current staff members
· Breakfast with Sarah at good bagel store on main street
· Batting cages or hiking
· Lunch at burrito place on main street
· Beer run??
· Dinner (Mayflower Sushi) & drinks. Location: Hotel or farmhouse . . . Dan’s allergies dependent
· Around 2100 arrive at DP for AWESOME 80’s DJ Dance Party w/ Tom Travers!!!!!


Saturday
· Breakfast – on own or with the fabulous Sarah (can provide a home cooked meal – Katie don’t laugh!)
· Travel to Lancaster, PA
· 1800/1900 (reservation still not set) dinner with group at Iron Hill, Newark, DE


Sunday
· Do everything else Katie wants to do in DE
· 1500 Sarah to tie Katie to farmhouse
· 1830 Dan departs for BWI




Yeah, do your best no to be jealous of the insanely good time we are going to have this weekend, and be sure to be glued to your screen as of monday i will be running through the itinerary and give you a for sure blow by blow of our trip

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!


3 brilliant thoughts by others:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it should be Dela-BE-ware!!!!???? :)

sarahteg said...

I MADE KATIE'S BLOG!!! i am so flippin' excited . . . i don't know how i am goign to sit through work today!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are making this trip. We already know what a good sport Dan is. Delaware is gonna love him!