Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Gettin the heck outta Dodge...er...Delaware

Okey Dokey


Well it's Tuesday. Not just any Tuesday. It's the Tuesday before the Friday that i have to be ready to move my life back home to good 'ole Buffalo. As some of you may know I am an experienced mover. And by experienced i mean i have moved about 15 times since i was 18. Oh bessie! One would think that at this point i would have this whole packing/organizing thing down. Oh how wrong you are! I hate packing...i despise packing. Finding the right box and wrapping things carefully and playing Jenga with the moving truck and making all the pieces fit. BLECH! I much prefer the unpack. I enjoy finding new homes for things and opening boxes like it's christmas. Needless to say, my packing is not as on schedule as I had hoped but it will all be done. I work very well under packing pressure and man, is the pressure on!


This is what I wish i could do. Not necessarily the boat part but the moving the whole house part. It would make everything soooooooooo much easier!



I know this is what my house should look like at this point......


but this is what it feels like at the moment.


I have complete faith that everything will go smoothly. The move is happening this weekend whether i like it or not. I'm bringing in an out of state expert team to help me complete the final step of this moving process. This is a team of professionals. They single handedly moved across NY state, unpacked, pack back up and brought it all back the very next week later. If thats not talent i don't know what is!!! So i put in my request a long time ago and I was lucky enough to be able to book them just in time for the big move.


Ladies and gentlemen....i present to you....


TEAM GARVEY!!!!!!!!



What is a team without its captain? I'm bringing in Mike Garvey to lead this team of professionals. His resume was pretty impressive I would be a fool not to trust this mans expertise in this field. His management strategy and impressive list of higher education degrees made him a perfect choice to run this show.



Second in command we have Louis Garvey. Lou was an obvious choice for the team. With his incredible strength and brilliant moving truck maneuverability, he is a valuable assest to this project.



Lisa Garvey is the usual 3rd part to this team. Unfortunatly due to some health concerns, she will be unable to do any of the heavy work that she is used to. She will play the role of cheerleader and ice-tea maker. If all goes well, we might be able to get a Swiffer in her hands unless the dust-bunnies get too rowdy. In that case, she will need to stick to the ice-tea.


And last.....but CERTAINLY not least, we have Katie "chainsaw" Battaglia. She may not be a Garvey but she in an incredibly imortant part of this team. She will hang up her chaps and helmet for the day and put on her weight belt and pick up the slack that Lisa will be unable to attend to. She anticipates a smooth move and wishes her team all the luck in their current challenge.

So there you have it kids. Wish us luck, and i don't think i am going to have time to write before the game begins on friday. So peace out for now and I'll see you when i get home. B-lo Style!


11 brilliant thoughts by others:

Mike Garvey said...

BWA HA HA! I haven't laughed that hard at a blog post in a long time. The photoshop of Lisa and Louis is classic, and I'm glad you found an actual pic of me.

TEAM GARVEY, HOOOO!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor, poor Katie!! I swore that after our last move, if I ever have to move again, I will just burn the house down and get new stuff....good idea, huh?! Good luck sweetie, can't wait to have you back home! (awesome post!!)

Anonymous said...

This hysterical! I was hoping to see some 'belly pics' of your sister. Give her my best! Good Luck with your move!

Anonymous said...

Hm...
After looking at those pictures of Mike and Lou...
Maybe I should cut my trip short...
So I can...
Help...
That's right...
Help...

=)

Anonymous said...

Hey now . . . what about the in-state moving team? meri and i are feeling left out!! :) please don't go!!!!!! :(

Anonymous said...

i have never looked so good. LOLOL. seriously, that woman looks like she's hiding an elephant under her dress.

Anonymous said...

OK. Now that i can see..... this is a throwback to the actual moving company, P. J. Garvey!!! Honest! Funniest thing I've seen in a loonngg time. Can't wait to have you back home.

MBM said...

Wow, what an awesome post. Too funny. At first I was like wow Katie is hiring movers, you had me. I am gullable (sp?). Before you leave the great state of DE, I had to point you to my friend Katie's blog. People named Katie who live in DE have good blogs and in this case she mentions Tri-State so I thought I should make you aware. Have a great move!
http://supergirl214.blogspot.com/2007/07/make-way-for-ducklings.html

Anonymous said...

Yep, that blog made my day. Thanks KT!

Leah said...

Keep the camera phone handy, b/c the missing personnel from Team Garvey aka your sista blasted through my kitchen holding things up and chiding, "Leah, really, seriously???" then throwing it into a waiting garbage bag. She moved room to room like that with the efficiency of a Hoover.

CONGRATS ON THE MOVE HOME!

Scott said...

But the real question is, will you now be renaming your Blog?