Sunday, October 02, 2005

Halloweeeeenie....

Ok kids...the time is just about upon us. What time is that, you ask? HALLOWEEENIE!!!! Not only does this wonderful month of October include my birthday (the 18th), it also is linked with apple picking, pumpkin carving, warm sweaters, colored leaves, hot chocolate....i could go on and on and on. I'm trying to make plans to be home around the halloweenie time so this normally exciting holiday for me is going to be even better. MMMM i just remembered cider and doughnuts.....Going to grama's house on halloweenie all decked out, lisa in something creative, as you can see she can be very creative, and me in a clown costume, or as Jane Fonda. I could really care less about the dressing up. It was all about the halloweenie reward. We would sit around and have doughnuts and cider, there would be lots of posing and the Leberer sisters would be flashing those cameras like no tomorrow. We would all gather around George, the token skeleton in Papa's basement, and hope to show our friends how cool we are. "Our papa has a skeleton in the basement....so THERE!" "And his name is George!" Well that was my experience at least. We would continue to parade around Grama's neighborhood as Pat and Dick's cutest grandchildren. Well we were, but out in amherst we made our like bandits. We would rush home after an eventful night and i would immediatly go through my candy and pick out all the crap and give it to Lisa or try to pawn it off on Dad so he wouldn't steal my good stuff. All in all it's a great holiday and a great month. I can't believe it's already here!! So enjoy the month of October..it's one of my FAV's!!!!! ps...the 18th...it's the best day ever...it was the day A. Janet gave birth to me and Mom gave birth to Jon the very next day...you don't believe me? Do your research...thats what the Buffalo News said! The done gots their facts right. :)

3 brilliant thoughts by others:

Mike Garvey said...

Man, you need a birthday countdown TIMER. It makes life soooooooo much easier.

Scott said...

A skeleton named George? Did you love him and hug him and pet him?

kt said...

We DID love him we still do, even when one of his limbs fell off...we had to be very careful. George was fragile.