Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It's official

3 trips to the DMV and i can finally say i'm an official resident of Delaware! WOOHOO....

I wish Delaware would adopt the same system as NY, with all the online components. 3 trips to the DMV is too many i have decided. The first trip yielded absolutely nothing due to the fact that my proof of residence was not good enough. My lease was a private one...and the nasty lady behind the counter told me she could not accept it. She said as far as she knows my sister could have typed up this lease and signed it. So i blame trip #1 flop on Lisa, thanks a lot.

Trip #2 was a little more fruitful i was able to get my license....TA DAAAA


I'm hoping you can't see it but Delaware puts your weight on your license!!! Who's idea was that? What if i said i was 100lbs, do you think they would call me out on that, i should have tested the water on that one. It would have made a much better story. I'll try it next time. I carried on to register my car, i passed inspection..whew...and went in to register Quita. This woman nicely started the process and then decided that her little handy dandy book that gave her car wholesale values did not include 2005's. WHAT!?!?!? How is it the end of 2005 and you are just realizing now your little handy dandy book doesn't have 2005's. She proceeded to ask if i had the receipt form my car with me. I'm sorry, are you asking if i have the receipt from when i bought my car over a year ago on me?!?! Yeah thats a no, lady. So i had to hang my head and leave the DMV again unfulfilled.

ok trip number three....third times the charm right? All finally went well and i got my new plate and registration and $550 later i'm a Delaware resident. Yesssssssss.

Don't worry guys i didn't totally sell out. I still know where my heart is at......

5 brilliant thoughts by others:

Scott said...

Did you run out of space on the signature line?

. said...

Snooooooooopy... Snoooooooooopy... Come home Snoopy, come home... (come home, come home...)

Delaware is for the birds.

Ha!

Anonymous said...

What's the PC for on your plate? "Pretty Cool".

Scott said...

No, silly, it stands for party car.

kt said...

It means passanger carrier...apparently only certain cars in DE can carry passangers..don't ask me i don't get it either...but i like party car!!!