Sunday, November 13, 2005

If you didn't already know...i work with birds

Here it is sunday and my day began at 4:15am. This is when i got up in order to be ready for my boss to pick me up at 5 to go see 12,000 snow geese. I know this does not sound fun to the normal person but this was a very cool oppurtunity for us bird nerds since the geese only pass through at this specific time every year. We piled in her car, i personally napped, drove to Bombay Hook. We had to arrive before sunrise because the geese hang out in the water at night and once the sun rises they take off and go feed on ground. But at night they all congregate together in one place and create a sea of white on the water. Very cool. I got some great pics with my camera.

Sea of white


Taking off


up up and away


Thats a whole-lotta Snow Geese


more off to go eat


Butterfly in the sky....


I can go twice as high....


Take a look...it's in a book..on reading.......sorry i got carried away :)


GBHE..great blue heron, in a tree


Last but not least ...the sunrise



proof i was up before sunrise....see it's possible! I just need a really good reason :)

4 brilliant thoughts by others:

Anonymous said...

awesome

Scott said...

That should be the name of your blog - "Bird Nerd"

Cecilia said...

I love reading rainbow...

Leah said...

so so beautiful!!! thanks for sharing!