Saturday, November 12, 2005

The stars at night are big and bright....

My boss and another coworker and I went to Galveston, TX this week for the Clean Gulf Conference. It was an interesting experience. It was all industries and people of the like. It's weird because everyone in industry is mostly men, and they just LOVE the bird girls. Needless to say we came home with a lot of free crap. Some of it is useful some of it (toothpick holder/keychain) already in my garbage can. They were all very nice and they speak wonders of what we do and they truly appreciate us. It's really because we're the ones that clean up their messes. But hey, if they didn't make messes i wouldn't have a job. It's a good relationship we got. Some high points to our trip.

Our display board...ohhh ahhhhh


My boss Heidi on the left and coworker Rebecca on the right :)


Oiled Pelican


Oiled Beaver


Oiled Goose...thats a bad one...it could be a Loon we can't tell..too much oil..yuck


We went for a hike...and i had flip flops on..not a bright idea...don't worry i made it out OK


Marsh..much prettier in person


Took this with the intention of getting the Great Egret...it's the white thing in the water on the left..again...prettier in person :)


The only colorful flower on our hike..pretty little pink ones


This was the street behind our hotel...and yes it says Ave N1/2.....Jigga WHAT? There was an Ave Q too!!!! We were driving when I saw it and my coworkers were not entertained when i got excited about it. So needless to say i didn't get the pic. If anyone goes to Galveston any time do me a favor and get me an Ave. Q pic. Thanks! :)

4 brilliant thoughts by others:

Mike Garvey said...

how long do I need to wait before I can make an oily beaver joke?

kt said...

hit it!

goose said...

Nevermind the oiled beaver joke, what about the oiled beaver so closely followed by the oiled goose!! Ai Dios Mio

Anonymous said...

wow....my mind just went straight to the gutter...much like everyone else! Fantastic! All you need is oiled cock and you got yourself a bingo!