Saturday, March 14, 2009

Let the games begin!

Here we are....Bufblopofo '09!!!! WEEEE!!!! What a good day to start it's 3-14...pi day! ok no more nerdy. Ok today i am supossed to write about 3 big things going on with me right now.

I will go on cronological order:


1. We got a Wii!!! Dan has been bugging me and bugging me and bugggggging me to get one. It's not that i didn't want one but it really just hasn't been in our budget. Everytime we go into a store Dan feels it is a sign from God if they have it in stock that we need to buy it. The final straw was last weekend when we were at Target and they had a bunch in stock. I swear we stood in front of the thing for 20 minutes weighing the pros and cons of getting it. I was about to give my final veto, when a 70 yr old gentleman approached us. He noticed our hesitation and boldly buttted in by saying...."It's completely worth it." I looked at he man....as said..he was about 70...long grey hair in a low ponytail....trucker hat...and holding about 16 bags of twizzlers. Dan responded to the man asking what he thought about the wii, and the man continued with a small dissertation about how much fun it is and how he is so glad he got it about a year and a half ago. Oh God.....cue the rolling commentary. Do I.....say thank you for the advice old guy and walk out of the store pretending to be a responsible adult....or listen to the old guy who is obviously cooler than I am and go home and have infinite fun? As we got into the car i told Dan he should thank the old guy for coming a long. It's the reason we bought the Wii....i feel like i should have some twizzlers in his honor. :) PS.....it's the best toy EVER!!!!!

2. I am coming up on the end of my 2 year masters degree. Thank you jesus! I have worked my arse off for the last year and a half going to school full time and putting in about 20 hours of work a week. Needless to say, i am ready to be done. In May I will graduate with my masters in Deaf Education with a certificaiton to teach children from birth to 21. I will also have my certification to teach Biology in grades 7-12. This is an ENORMOUS career change for me and i'm antsy to finish this semester so i can get started! Cross your fingers though, it a tough job market for teachers right now. Wish me luck, i think i'm gonna need it. :)

3. Not that this topic deserves to be #3 but as I said i wanted to go in order of events...and why not save the best for last. I'm getting married in less than 7 Months...21o days to be exact. We have all the big stuff done. Now we are ironing out the little stuff. I can't wait. It is going to be a sweet ass party! My current dilema is the flavor of frosting for the cakes. I'm not a huge fan of buttercream.....Any thoughts? WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

There you have it the first Bufblopofo post of '09. Can't wait to see what everyone else has goign on!

0 brilliant thoughts by others: